Dr. Lokesh Lingappa
Rainbow Children's Hospital
- Dr Lokesh Lingappa is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Neurologist at Rainbow Children’s Hospital, Hyderabad.
- He completed his medical school from Karnatak Medical College, Hubli, Karnataka. He did his Pediatric Training from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh and trained in neurology (DM Neurology) at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru. He pursued his passion to further pediatric neurology training and completed MRCPCH from UK and was trained at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK and Bristol Children’s Hospital as Fellow in Pediatric Neurology.
- It was the vision to develop high quality Pediatric Neurology services brought him back to India. His efforts for the last 6 has culminated with the presence of pediatric neurology department across all the branches of Rainbow Children’s Hospital with two full time neurologists, a metabolic and genetic specialist and a child psychiatrist. The services are fully supported by senior Rehab team members.
- Dr. Lingappa was awarded the Best Outgoing Neurology Student (Dr Anisya Vasanth Award) at NIMHANS. He also received Travel Fellowship Grant Award at International Child Neurology Conference (ICNA) held at Montreal, Canada in 2006.
- He has many national and international publications and presentations to his credit. He has authored few chapters in books released by Indian Academy of Pediatrics. He has three best poster awards at national and international level conferences.
- Dr. Lingappa’s research interests range from neonatal neurological disorders, infantile epilepsy, intensive care neurology and long term outcomes of acute neurological disorders. He is actively involved in educating pediatricians and primary care team about essentials of management.
- Dr. Lingappa is a member of various associations and bodies namely, International Child Neurology Association(ICNA), Association of Child Neurology, Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN) India - LM 622, and Indian Academy of Paediatrics. He is also the Organising Secretary of Paediatric Epilepsy Society of Hyderabad (PESH), Hyderabad.
- He is also the editor of Newsletter for Rainbow Children’s Hospital and Perinatal Centre, Hyderabad.
MD (Pediatrics) (PGI), DM (Neurology) (NIMHANS), MRCPCH (UK) Fellow in Pediatric Neurology (UK)